Join us for this FUN family adventure May 23-August 2!
It's a little like a scavenger hunt, a little like geocaching and a whole lot of fun! Register at any Delaware County library starting May 23, and receive a booklet containing all the clues, information about how to Letterbox, and rules about the parks. Inside each box is a stamp for your booklet, and a fun activity to do in the park.
Families can search for the boxes on their own time – whenever the parks are open, 8 a.m.-9 p.m.
Boxes are hidden in eight parks. At the end of the journey, letterbox seekers who have found at least six of the boxes and stamped their booklets are entered into a drawing for prizes. Those who find all eight get an extra chance to win!
AND, those who are among the first 100 to find all eight boxes will receive a pair of mini binoculars, courtesy of Preferred Wireless.
For extra fun, and to win a personal nature program in the parks with your family, join our Picture Yourself! Summer Letterbox Adventure Facebook Contest.
Here's what you do:
1. While you are in the park, take a photo of the kids enjoying the Summer Letterbox Adventure.
2. Send the photo to the following email address: LetterboxAdventure@preservationparks.com
3. Be sure to include the name of the park when you email the picture.
4. The photo will be uploaded to the Letterbox Adventure contest album on Preservation Parks' Facebook page.
5. Look for your photo, like it and comment on it.
6. Encourage your friends to do the same.
7. The photo with the most engagement will win.
The Facebook contest runs May 23-June 27, and the winner will be announced June 29.